Copper Foiled Letterpress Moscow Mule Prints

Copper Foil Moscow Mule Print

I finally went for it. I got my Moscow Mule typography design copper-foiled and letterpressed. They turned out gorgeous and I couldn't be happier. What helped me pull the trigger was my good friend Christian Kaysen (of Kaysen Photography) said he would love to do a styled shoot with them if I did. I figured if I was going to sell them, they were gonna need some awesome photos and Christian captured them perfectly. Plus we got to drink the cocktails out of copper mugs at the end which is always a plus. If you've never had a Moscow Mule out of a copper mug, you need to. Makes all the difference. 

You can purchase one of these lovelies in my shop or on Etsy. Get em in time for Christmas! Perfect to gift with a copper mug set for that Moscow Mule lover in your life. Or anyone who enjoys a good cocktail ;) 

Copper Foiled Moscow Mule Print 2
Copper Foiled Letterpress Moscow Mule Print 3
Copper Foiled Moscow Mule Prints 4
Copper Foiled Moscow Mule Print 7
Copper Foiled Moscow Mule Print 6


Cocktails • Moscow Mule

So, every once in awhile I get ideas, usually creative, when I'm falling asleep. Whatever this "idea" is, no matter what, seems pretty genius in the moment of my half-asleep state and I tell myself I must remember it in the morning when I wake up. I consider getting up to write it down, you know, just to make sure, but 90% of the time I'm just way too tired for that non-sense. And then I remind myself of the other 10% of the time when i did in fact wake up to write down my genius idea, just to result in laughing at myself in the morning for it being lame. Even though I was so sure it was brilliant. Sigh. 

Anywho, this was one of those half-asleep ideas - to do a cocktail series where I could design the recipe for classic cocktails using typography which I thought represented the drink best, and then make and drink them. Because, well, duh. Seems like such a waste to go through all the work of designing a recipe to not put it to use... 

Not sure how, "genius" this idea is, but it sure sounded like fun! Don't judge me. And if you are judging a little, then you are officially invited over when I make my next one. I mean it would be selfish to keep all this fun to myself.  

So here we are. I present the Moscow Mule. I wish I had a cute copper mug to display it in like it's supposed to be, but it's delicious just the same. Also, up next will be the delicious Old Fashioned! 


1 1/2 ounces Vodka 
A splash of lime juice
A splash of simple syrup 
4 ounces ginger beer 
Lime wedge for garnish 


Pour the vodka, lime juice, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wedge. Enjoy!

You get cool-points if you serve it in a copper mug.